Tampa, FL 33619
Do you enjoy:
· A position with a growth-oriented company, where each day brings new challenges?
· Using your people skills to lead a team of highly technical individuals?
· Managing processes in a fast-paced environment, with an eye for continuous improvement?
· The satisfaction of exceeding client expectations through on-time and accurate delivery of projects?
ByDesign Technologies is looking for a Development Manager for our Tampa, Florida office. We are a leading provider of comprehensive software solutions for the Direct Selling industry. Our platform provides our clients with a full suite of modules to handle all the complexities of sharing and selling their products. Since our launch in 2000, ByDesign has helped nearly a thousand companies grow their big ideas.
The Development Manager is responsible for all aspects of leading and managing a software development team. This position plays a key role in exceeding client expectations through on-time and accurate delivery of client projects. A high level of collaboration with other departments is required to be successful. The Development Manager owns the custom development process with an eye for incremental improvements.
Why is this a great opportunity for you?
· An annual base salary of $115-140k, with flexibility based on experience.
· In addition to the fun company culture, we offer comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401(k), and Paid Time Off.
· A fast-paced work environment where every day offers new challenges and opportunities to learn.
· The opportunity to put your own spin on this newly created position within our organization.
What are we looking for in you?
· Demonstrated ability in hiring, mentoring, and developing highly effective Software Engineers.
· Detailed knowledge of software engineering practices and methodologies.
· General knowledge of ByDesign’s technology stack: .Net, C#, API, SQL Server.
· Ability to connect business strategy to team execution.
· In an environment of competing priorities, able to implement critical and creative thinking and objective decision-making.
· A proactive and process improvement approach to work.
· Effective communication, including the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical individuals
· Time management skills and detail orientation.
Applicants must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization.
· Provides leadership and vision to a software development team.
· Manages and directs a team of software developers, located onsite and offshore, including front and back end developers, quality assurance, and other development team positions. This involves hiring and onboarding, setting expectations and goals for the department and individual employees, and evaluating employee performance and providing feedback.
· Meets and exceeds client expectations through on-time and accurate delivery of client projects.
· Responsible for owning the custom development process (Waterfall and Agile) through a deep understanding of the software, workflows, and engagement with other departments.
· Drives incremental process improvement by tracking reworks and defects, conducting development operational meetings, and collaborating with other departments; researches all aspects of an issue to remove impediments and/or improve process.
· Maintains a structured backlog by working with Client Services to assess priority, assign work, and project the necessary staffing needs to meet deadlines.
· Creates accurate quotes for client projects including requirements, timeline and cost.
· Define and drive buy-in for the development team’s technical direction, tools, and frameworks.
· Report on the status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership.
· In partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, determine product direction to drive innovation through identifying new opportunities and actionable development opportunities.
ByDesign Technologies, LLC is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. We believe our continued success depends on the full and effective utilization of qualified persons without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran or any other classifications protected by applicable laws.